CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 2, 2008

Labeling

I realize I have not been as stalwart as I should about posting new material. I will recalibrate my focus and strengthen my resolve to do better. Please send any complaints via phone call to the destination indicated in post Whatever.

I was emailing with my cousin last night. Midway through the volley, a subject was brought up that I have yet been able to reach a suitable conclusion for my analytical mind. If you read the title of the post, you may have an idea as to what it is. Labeling. Namely in regards to encounters and escapades with the opposite sex. Do these people think they are Adam when God asked him to give everything a name? How can you attach a label to an intangible thing? Do these people wear out a hand-held label maker the first day they buy it? They should work for a shipping company, Campbell's Soup, a bar coding company or anywhere else that would require them to attach a label to things. This way their labeling can fulfill a purpose. Heck they'll even get paid to do it.

If it's fun to be with a person, then have fun with that person. What relevance does a label have? Does the invisible tag somehow deter future suitors? No, it's invisible. Unless of course you work together, do the frequent drop in at their work, etc. Clearly there are some exceptions where the tag's cloaking device can be deactivated and made highly visible. These labels usually come with an accompanying warning to avoid any interaction with the taggee. Does a label make the labeler feel more secure with things because they think a label is some how bonding? What is a label? Who bestowed upon them label granting authority? Should future label makers of useful items like those mentioned above, consult them before releasing a new label? Are people now more qualified to enjoy being together because there is a term to define their novel encounter with a person? The provided term one gives can have diverse interpretations to different people. If I'm spending time with a girl it means I like spending time with her. I don't feel compelled to narrowly define it. If it's not ostensibly obvious already, I don't understand time wasted when thinking of and applying a label to time spent with someone. Time could be better spent counting the grains of sand on a beach, seeing how long you can hold your breath before you pass out, dying, coming up with an acceptable reason of how the show "Sex in the City" ever saw TV airtime, then solving the conundrum of how it became a movie. Who cares about ugly whores that can't find a meaningful relationship because they are too busy sharing their tattered female anatomy with any guy that has skin? I can only speculate as to the plot of the show because I throw up every time Sarah Jessica Parker's rat face appears. OH CRAP!! Does anyone know how to get throw up off a keyboard? The mere mention of her name induced an explosive vomiting campaign that has left my stomach muscles in agony. They are still spasming. I would still be spewing from the mention of rat face if I hadn't thought of her in a casket. Which reminds me, what was the best thing Johnny Cash ever did? If you answered die, you are correct. Award yourself one slap to your face.

I am now signing off to go create an anti-labeling spray that will make me impervious to tag sticking. I have a feeling Pam will be a large contributing component. It's anti-sticking prowess is most impressive.