CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 4, 2010

Apartment shopping.

I was apartment shopping the other day with my future roommate. We spoke with a nice lady about the financial details. In order to give us an accurate quote she asked us some questions. One of which was:

Her: “Will you be bringing any pets with you?”

Me: “Just pet peeves.”

Her head rose as though she were lifting nearly impossible weight with her neck. Her face registered no expression. The only way I knew she was still alive was from a series of blinks.

Me: “Uhhh…???” I looked at my future roommate to see if the joke landed there. He chuckled. Armed with that slight reassurance I looked back at the lady. She hadn’t stopped blinking and showcasing what is possibly the best poker face I’ve ever seen. Was the joke still processing? Couldn’t be, it wasn’t complicated. Was she partially paralyzed by my humor? Hard to say.

Can’t win em all over I suppose. The experience failed to dissuade me from thinking I could. I had a feeling she would soon appreciate the skills…call it woman’s intuition. I didn’t have to wait long before another opportunity to shine presented itself. By shine I of course mean an opportunity to display my unique ability to make a donkey of myself. Eventually you would think I would get embarrassed and stop. If so, you would be so very, very wrong. Few things are certainties. This is one of them.

Not in the mood to finish the remainder of the experience. Perhaps I will at a later time.